Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly, far far away.
- Jenny, played by Robin Wright Penn, in Forest Gump,1994
I want to be free
Free to live Life
Live, Love and Laugh
Freedom from this self made
I read these blogs about un-schooling their children, no plastic, homemade everything, live in a RV and travel the country. Just live. It is all about you, God, family and country.
Smiley face is how those thoughts make me feel.
how could I do that though??
The thought of no bills, besides what it just costs you to live? Freedom
Work when you need it, not for someone else? Freedom
Debt? Nope. Freedom
Restrictions? no. Freedom
Timeline? Only what YOU WANT it to be. Freedom.
I want that. right now.
Friday, June 18
Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly, far far away.
Posted by Alaskangal B at 12:00 PM
Wednesday, June 16
This little...err long thing? Is the list of things, wishes, wants, travels, feelings and events that I want to do, see, make, have etc etc..Before I am 100.
Posted by Alaskangal B at 10:52 AM
I tried I really did, if I could count textbooks or magazines I could get a good twenty more into my total.
I missed my goal by a few
okay more than
But it was fun.
This quest and love for reading has made me step out of my typical norm
has me even in a book club.(met some wicked neat ladies from it)
So I will try again. Going from August 2011-August 2012
Check out the second attempt and it's book list over here.
Otherwise check out the list below for some good reads!
1. Laura K. Hamilton, Danse Macabre, # 14 in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series.
2. Maureen Child, The Last Lone Wolf, book in the " Kings of California" series.
1. Nora Roberts, Savor the Moment, Book three in the " Bride Quartet" series.
2. Laura K. Hamilton, Blue Moon, Book eight in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series.
1. Anne Rice, Angel Time, Book One
1. Johanna Lindsey, That Perfect Someone, Malory family series
2. Lisa Jackson, Without Mercy
3.Kirsten Miller, The Eternal Ones
4. Tess Gerristen, Ice Cold, Rizzilo and Isles novel
5. Julia James, His Penniless Beauty
6. J.R Ward, Dark Lover, Black Dagger Brotherhood Book One
7. Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
1. J.R Ward,"Lover Eternal", Black Dagger Brotherhood,
2 Charlene Harris. Dead to the World, Sookie Stackhouse series, Book Four
3.Charlene Harris, Dead as a Doornail, Sookie Stackhouse series, Book Five
4,Charlene Harris, From Dead to Worse, Sookie Stackhouse series, Book Eight
5. Charlene Harris, Dead and Gone, Sookie Stackhouse series, Book Nine
6. Charlene Harris, Dead in the Family, Sookie Stackhouse series,Book Ten
1. Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief, Book One
2. Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and the Titans Curse, Book Two
( Oct was a low month for me was taking three classes so most of my reading was a textbook. But I read these books with my little sister and they are cute and fun. It was a decent read and a great bonding tool)
1. Christine Feehan, Dark Slayer, Carpthain Novel, Book Twenty
2.Christine Feehan, Dark Fire, Carpthain Novel, Book Six
3.Christine Feehan, Dark Guardian, Carpthain Novel, Book Nine
4. Laura K. Hamilton, Guilty Pleasures,Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book One
5.Laura K. Hamilton, The Laughing Corpse, Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book Two
1. Tucker Max, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
2. Debbie Macomber, Christmas in Cedar Cove
3.Barb and C.J Hendee ,Through Stone and Sea, Book Eight in the Noble Dead Series
4. Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labrythin, Book Three
5. Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian, Book Four
1. Nora Roberts, Vision in White, Book One in Bride Quartet,
2. Nora Roberts, Happy Ever After, Book Four in Bride Quartet,
3. Nora Roberts, Bed of Roses, Book Two in Bride Quartet,
4. Nicholas Sparks, Safe Haven
1.Kathryn Stockett, The Help(Book Club)
2. Jennifer Weiner, Fly Away Home
3. MaryJanice Davidson,Undead and Unwed, Bestsy Taylor Series, Book One
4.MaryJanice Davidson, Undead and Unemployed, Bestsy Taylor Series, Book Two
5.MaryJanice Davidson, Undead and Underappriecated, Bestsy Taylor Series, Book Three
6.MaryJanice Davidson, Undead and Unpopular, Bestsy Taylor Series, Book Four
7. MaryJanice Davidson,Undead and Unfinished, Bestsy Taylor Series, Book Nine
1. Sara Gruen,Water for Elephants(Book Club)
2.Jane Feather, To Wed a Wicked Prince
3.Laura K Hamilton, Circus of the Damned,Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book Three
4.Laura K. Hamilton,The Lunatic Cafe, Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book Four
1. Eric Schlosser, Fast Food Nation:The Darkside to the All American Meal(Book Club)
2. Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, Skinny Bitch
3. Gail A. Eisnitz,Slaughter House: The shocking Story of greed, neglect and inhumane treatment inside the U.S Meat Industry
4.Laura K Hamilton, Bloody Bones,Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book Five
5.Laura K Hamilton,The Killing Dance, Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book Six
1. Tatiana de Rosnay, Sarah's Key(Book Club)- started end of May/Finished in June
2.Laura K, Hamilton, Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Book Seven
3.Jeaniene Frost, Halfway to the Grave, Night Huntress Series, Book One.
4.Jeaniene Frost, One Foot in the Grave,Night Huntress Series, Book Two
Posted by Alaskangal B at 12:37 AM
Sunday, June 13
" Be thankful for what you have: you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough"
" If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things that are missing. If you don't have love in your life, no matter what else there is, it's not enough."
These two quotes found me at two different times, yet carry the basic message. Be thankful for the now, quit fretting about the past. Be happy with your life, not look for something that is better. I have some friends going through some rough patches in many different parts of their very different lives. But I just want to share these two quotes with all of them.
You are a strong, amazing woman, you can get past this, you have had worse? Right? Do not let this be the thing that breaks you. If you break, just know I will be there to help pick up the pieces. Do not be ashamed for these feelings, you are still you and YOU are FANTASTIC!!
Posted by Alaskangal B at 10:00 AM
Thursday, June 3
Posted by Alaskangal B at 2:22 PM